2. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
3. Types of Data We Collect. "Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.a. Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, when you submit content to the Site, including videos, audio recordings, photographs, and artwork.
- When you make a donation on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information, if you contact us via e-mail regarding technical support for the Services.
- If you decide to share information with a third party, we may collect your and the third party's names and e-mail addresses in order to share the information with the third party. You or the third party may contact us to request the removal of this information from our database.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- We also use spotlight tags to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit. A "spotlight tag" is a mechanism that allows us to track whether you have been served one of our advertisements on a third party website.
4. Use of Your Personal Dataa. General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to volunteer or employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of the Georgia Meth Project.
a. Information Disclosed to Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site, such as the creation of ads for our messaging campaign; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; to process your credit card if you make a donation; and/or to provide other services to the Georgia Meth Project. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by the Georgia Meth Project.
7. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Dataa. Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
8. Security of Your Personal Data. The Georgia Meth Project is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while the Georgia Meth Project uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, the Georgia Meth Project cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Georgia Meth Project
P.O. Box 724436
Atlanta, GA 31139
Donation/Membership Fee Refund Policy
A tax-deductible charitable contribution made to the Georgia Meth Project cannot be cancelled or returned once it has been completed.